The Royal Rumble Prediction Contest 2014
Welcome to the absolute last Solace Prediction Contest. Many people keep asking me why, and why is hard to explain so I’ll make it as short as possible: time. These contests take up a week of my life every month, and while I enjoy playing the game with all of you, it’s grown weary. The sponsorships helped, the encouragement and thank yous helped, but in the end it was too much work for a product that has seen interest dwindling while I have more to do than ever. I’ll miss it, especially during the PPVs, but this decision has been made. It was actually made back in September, but I couldn’t just bow out at any time. I wanted to go out on the best, and to be honest, the Royal Rumble is always the most fun for me when it comes to predictions.
The Contest: If you don’t know, this is all about predicting the PPV! The person who best guesses the matches and then possibly the tie-breakers ends up winning the prize!
The Prize: This month we are giving away a whole slew of prizes, the bigget one being from @WrestleSubtitle and The Wrestling Game. They are giving away $75 of WWE Merchandise and WWE2K14 on your XBOX360 or PS3. If you already own WWE2K14 they will simply up the ante of your WWE Shop Merchandise to $100.
The Secondary Prizes: We have for you a pack of Rumbler toys, from me:
We have an autograph from none other that the Brooklyn Brawler, from Brawler himself:
We have autographs from Scott Stanford as well as Konnor and Viktor of NXT’s Ascension. Those I do not have in my hands so no pictures are available.
From Future Endeavors we are giving away a DDP Yoga T-shirt. He’s done wonders for us, get some inspiration from them.
From @MarkBilly, we have a signed copy of Mick Foley’s Hardcore Diaries.
There might be other prizes as well. ANYONE who wants to sponsor something is welcome to join.
The Jabroni Jobber Prize: For the person who does the WORST at predicting, you get a group of used WWE action figures from @Andrewthemark.
The Rules: THE RULES HAVE CHANGED! READ THEM!
- You MUST have a Twitter account. If I don’t get a twitter handle from you I will not go searching for you to find you and you will not be entered. Please include it when you send in your predictions.
- You MUST be following me (obviously), @WrestleSubtitle, @FutureEndeavors, @brawlerreal, @scottstanford1, @KonnorWWE, @ViktorRiseWWE, @MarkBilly, and @Andrewthemark. There will be no reminders. If you are not following the account you will not get the prize and I move on to the next person. If you are not interested in a particular prize, you do not have to follow the person offering the prize. But you are not eligible for a prize without following the person giving it away.
- You MUST like the Facebook page of the sponsor. https://www.facebook.com/TheWrestlingGame (If you do not have a FB, please let me know)
- I just want names for who wins. I don’t care who retains. I don’t care how they win. I want to know who in each match is declared the winner. No Contest is an acceptable answer, but it’s the only answer that is allowed besides names.
- You MAY name names that aren’t in the match if you think they are going to swerve us. HOWEVER, if you are purposefully going for the Jabroni Jobber prize, and I can tell, you will be disqualified. (ie: answering Brooklyn Brawler, JTG, and Zack Ryder for three of the matches is an obvious jobber attempt).
- You may NOT change your predictions once they are entered. Period.
- The predictions are open from now until Saturday, January 25, 2014 at 11:59pm EST. The only exceptions are those who ask for it before hand and it’s within reason. 2:00 pm Sunday afternoon is NOT within reason.
- I will announce when I have entered you into the contest. You will get a number and a welcome on Twitter. Give me 48 hours before asking if I got your predictions, I’m one person taking care of this, and I currently have three jobs! If you ask me before it’s been 48 hours, prepare to be ignored. (The exceptions to this is if I have announced I am through all of the predictions I have, if you haven’t been announced then you should ask me).
- You may enter your predictions by dming me on @SolaceWinter, by emailing me SolaceWinter@yahoo.com or by leaving a comment below. If it is your first time leaving a comment it will not show up until I’ve approved it.
- Good luck!
THE MATCHES TO PREDICT:
- Rhodes vs. The New Age Outlaws
- Big Show vs. Brock Lesnar
- Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt
- Randy Orton vs. John Cena
- The Royal Rumble
- Tie-Breaker 1: What number will your Royal Rumble winner be?
- Tie-Breaker 2: Who will be entrant #2?
- Tie-Breaker 3: Who will the last 4 contestants in the Royal Rumble?
- Tie-Breaker 4: Who will eliminate the most people?
- Tie-Breaker 5: Who will be the first 4 contestants eliminated?