Category Archives: April 2012
Congratulations to @tolkienite who won it by guessing all 6 matches correctly and having the closer guess than @Melodelish4286 on the chair count. So close to having a female champ, but still not there yet! But congrats! He now has a Kindle copy of Shawn Decker’s My Pet Virus and a JPEG title!
If you want to see your final results on how many you had right, here’s the quick rundown:
First, you should all be rooting AGAINST @TheSupremeForce. He’s the title holder, meaning this prediction challenge can be a lot easier for him.
Whoever has the most matches correct is in the running for the title. If @TheSupremeForce ties with the most matches correct, the title defaults back to him without going into a tie-breaker. If he does not have the most matches correct and it’s a tie otherwise, then the tie-breakers come into play.
Tie-breaker 1 is up first. If that does not make the final decision, then tie-breaker 2 will be the settling factor.
So you should all boo @TheSupremeForce, cross your fingers, and hope you made the right choices!
Don’t forget, the winner gets a copy of Shawn Decker’s My Pet Virus for the Kindle. If you do not have a Kindle there is a free app for your computer or most phones. If @TheSupremeForce wins or Shawn Decker wins, Shawn will be holding an alternate contest on his blog so that the book can still be given away!
Thanks everyone for participating, all 53 entrants!
Remember, when giving scores out throughout the PPV I will be posting you by number, so remember your number!
WINNER: CODY RHODES
Big Show vs. Cody Rhodes
1. I’m going to dare to be different, and hope that the WWE does the right thing (ha). Winner: Cody Rhodes
2. While Show just got the title at Mania, he doesn’t need it. If anything, he kills it by being too big to give him a proper feud. Please don’t let them continue this Bumbling Cody angle. Winner: Cody Rhodes
3. Again, another feud going no where and helping neither man. Big Show wins, and will probably just go and fight against Kane next. Because that’s what you do with both guys when there’s nothing else to do with them. Cody should get out of this story, and away from a title, to set up Money in the Bank. I really think he’s a lock for winning one of those titles this year. Winner: Big Show
5. I really don’t know how this will go but I REALLY want Cody to win, so, w/ much wishful thinking…Winner: Rhodes
7. After weeks of “embarrassing” “clips”, Cody’ll get his comeuppan… oh wait, he’s the heel. Nevermind. Winner: Big Show
8. I’ll say it. I don’t like Cody Rhodes. I know he’s good in the ring, and I know bitches love him, but I just don’t like him. I still see him as the jobber who teamed with Bob Holly, and then turned on him to tag with Ted DiBiase, Jr. I don’t think Big Show can lose this match, unless it becomes a TNA Ultimate X match at the last second, or if big brother Dustin Rhodes comes out and electrocutes Big Show.
Winner by WMD (I wish it was a stolen Beautiful Disaster, but that’s why it’s a dream): Big Show
9. This is actually the toughest call, for me. Did they temporarily hotshot the title onto Big Show at WrestleMania for the feel-good babyface win, with plans to put it back on Cody? Or, do they have other plans in store for both guys? I honestly have no idea and I can see it, either way. I’m going to metaphorically Two-Face it, call heads, and say . . . Winner: Cody Rhodes.
10. I’m going with Cody here. Show got his Wrestlemania win, time for Cody to get his title back. Winner: Rhodes
11. It’s time for Cody to get some revenge, and regain his precious belt. WINNER: Cody Rhodes
12. Winner: Big Show
13. Rhodes I feel will win very unfairly which will embarrass the big show… Winner: Cody Rhodes
14. Because Cody hasn’t won sh** since losing the strap.. oh wait Championship Winner: Big Show
16. Winner: Big Show
18. Here is to hoping Cody will be involved in the world title picture for the summer. Winner Big Show
19. *sighs again* Great. We get to witness the hilarity of the Big Show’s wacky antics even further as IC champion. Winner: Big Show
20. I really really really want Cody to win because Show is just hideously bad. But I don’t think he will Winner: Big Show
21. Rhodes. Another Invisible Champion falls. But Big Show’s victory is immortalized forever. Sorry Cody. You win here though! Winner: Cody Rhodes
23. Well, this feud is a thing, I’m going to make this simple. Big Show will defeat Rhodes so Cody can go on to bigger, brighter things.
Winner: Big Show
26. Because see above. Winner: Cody Rhodes
27. Winner: Cody Rhodes
28. This is an interesting one. Big Show for some god forsaken reason has won the IC title at Mania and now is basically doing to Cody what Cody did to Show. Embarrass him. I wouldn’t be all that surprised if Cody won the title back here.
Winner : Big Show
29. Well, this could be partly due to my general dislike for Big Show, but I want to believe he only got the belt to hit that milestone it gave him. Now they need to put that back on Cody and give him back the momentum he had a few months ago, until they’re ready to make him into something more. Winner: Cody Rhodes
30. Winner: Big Show
31. This is really a throwaway match and this feud really does nothing for either guy. Cody should be in the top mix and the big show should be contending for a world title, because I think there are going in a direction with a solid crop of mid carders, Im going with
Winner: Cody Rhodes
34. Winner: Big Show
36. Re-made white belt to fit around Big Show. Winner: Big Show
37. Winner: Big Show
38. WWE sh**s on the midcard quite often. Winner: Big Show
39. There are a lot of heels on Smackdown right now, so I would expect a face to win.
Winner: Big Show
40. **Winner: Cody Rhodes
41. Why isn’t Alberto Del Rio in this match? Oh right, we need a rematch, don’t we? Big Show is being pulled in quite a few directions right now. Recently, he teamed with Khali to take on the tag champs in a non title match. He wrestled Del Rio and lost. This match has me so confused! It’s time for Cody to move on to bigger and better things. Is there even a stipulation to this match? I guess not. Is it possible to be DQ’d? I don’t know. Screw it! Winner: The wearer of the biggest shower cap on the planet, Big Show.
42. I don’t like Show having the title, he’s not doing anything with it, so I hope it goes back to Cody and he can get into a decent feud with someone his own size. Winner: Cody Rhodes
44. Winner: Cody Rhodes
46. Winner: Cody Rhodes
47. They need to move Cody on to better things. Winner: Cody
48. Winner: Big Show
50. I’d like to see Cody Rhodes win it back right here. Show is useless with the title, where I think Cody can have a meaningful feud over the IC belt with someone.
Winner: Cody Rhodes.
51. Big Show deserves to keep the title a little longer
52. Forgot this one was here. But the IC title’s fate will be decided via roulette wheel (I am hoping for texas deathmatch a la cactus jack vs Vader back in the day) Big show probably the favorite in at least 90% of the matche types that will be available. Cody wins back the ic championship adding to big show’s list of wwe embarrassments. Winner: Cody Rhodes
53. Not only should these two never have been paired off in a match in the first place, but they should not be still involved with each other at all. Both need to move on to a new chapter. Winner: Big Show
54. As much as I love Cody, I don’t see him winning this, no matter what the stipulation is. Unless it’s a handicap match.
Winner: Big Show.
55. I believe that Big Show will unfortunately retain. Winner: Big Show
56. I want Cody to win, but at the same time I would rather him be going for the World Heavyweight Championship instead. I want to see at least one title switch hands though. Winner: Cody Rhodes
57. It’s too soon for Show to lose the title. Not much else to say about it.
Winner: Big Show
58. I don’t really see this one going in Cody’s favour at all… Winner: Big Show
59. cody, because big show is never champion for long Winner: Cody Rhodes
60. Winner: Big Show
61. I’ve got a bad feeling about this. Winner : Big Show
WINNER: RANDY ORTON
Randy Orton vs. Kane
1. I love Orton. I love Kane. I do not enjoy this feud. Both would do better against other opponents. The feud won’t end here. Winner: Randy Orton
3. Ugh, I so don’t care. This story is doing absolutely nothing for me, or for either wrestler. What the hell is the stip? Falls Count Anywhere. My biggest hope is that its all over after this. I know I shouldn’t assume future stories or where people are going, because wrestling doesn’t always make sense. I’m going to guess Randy Orton. Brock beats Cena and moves on to another person he wants to destroy. That person will be Randy Orton, and thus he needs to win here and look strong going into that feud. Winner: Randy Orton.
5. THIS is your potty break. Orton gets his win back from WM. Winner: Orton
7. This feud’s still going on?! Anyways, I predict Orton will win because he always wins his feuds eventually. Winner: Randy Orton
8. They’re doing a good job with this entire feud, bringing in Cowboy Bob Orton and Paul Bearer, and because of that, I think they’re going to stretch this angle for 1 more PPV, which means that Randy will win this.
Winner, via RKO OUT OF SEEMINGLY NOFKINGWHERE: Randy Orton
9. *exasperated sigh*. Winner: Randy Orton.
10. Damn, this match again. Winner: Orton
11. Kane won at ‘Mania, Orton actually still has a future in the company. Pretty simple layout. WINNER: Orton
12. Winner: Randy Orton
13. Orton to win because I want him too lol Winner: Orton
14. Because who cares.. and Kane lost last time on regular TV last time Winner: Kane
16. Winner: Orton
17. Do I care about this match more than I did at Mania? No. Is the story any better? Slightly. Do I think the feud is going anywhere? Not really. Kane hurts Cowboy Bob, Orton hurts Bearer, Kane hurts Bearer in his usual on/off relationship with his “family”. Kane seems to be the more focused of the pair, as his “dad” isn’t laid up from his injuries. Orton might be in need of a small breather himself after this match.
18. Winner: Randy Orton
19. Kane winning at WM was a shock, and I doubt he’ll do it again. Orton wins with an RKO ‘out of nowhere’. Winner: Randy Orton
20. Orton will get his win back from Mania. Whatever happens, I’ll be loading up on snacks during this. Winner: Orton
21. Randy Orton gets his WrestleMania revenge. But Kane’s victory is immortalized forever. Sorry Randy. You win here though! Winner: Randy Orton
23. Winner: Kane
26. Because I want to. Winner: Kane
27. Winner: Randy Orton
28. I honestly could care less about this match. They had a good match on SD a few weeks back tho. I expect this match to be more of the same that we’ve seen between these two just with the FCA stip tho.
Winner : Randy Orton
29. I don’t see this feud going any further, and given the build I think the Orton victory is the obvious outcome. I was surprised Kane got the win at Mania, but now it’s time for Orton to get the win and move onto something new. Winner: Randy Orton
30. Winner: Randy Orton
31. Pretty simple here Kane won one and Randy Orton won one, so the smart decision is that Orton wins with him moving towards feuds with either ADR or the whc.
Winner: Randy Orton
32. Randy Orton. But does anyone really care? I sure as hell don’t. This whole program seems thrown together. It seems like after Cena / Kane they said “hey Kane needs somebody to work with now and Randy gets hurt all the time…… lets throw em together and see how it goes!”Winner: Randy Orton
34. Winner: Kane
36. Will kick fk out of Lesnar soon. Winner: Randy Orton
37. Winner: Randy Orton
38. He lost at WM and needs to look strong. When has he lately lost at a PPV twice in a row? Winner: Randy Orton
39. I expect Orton to win this one, since Kane won at Mania. I think the feud will continue for a while, though.
40. **Winner: Randy
41. What did I tell you; it was the elemental battle of Wrestlemania! Don’t call me a liar, you’re still wondering what was up with those blue Randy Orton shorts, but you know. That’s right you know, cuz I told you. But at Extreme Rules, this is the stipulation that they should have had at Wrestlemania. Falls Count Anywhere! This match is pretty well evenly matched, the stipulation favors really any of these wrestlers, especially since Randy can pull and RKO anywhere and Kane, well, you know what he can do. This time, I think Kane has the one up here. At least, if they don’t want to totally ruin the momentum they gave him when he came back, he needs to win. Winner: Isaac Yankem, D.D.S. or Kane if you prefer.
42. Leave both Kane and Orton with a win and move on from this pointless feud. Winner: Randy Orton
44. Winner: Randy Orton
46. Winner: Randy Orton
48. Winner: Kane
50. No doubt Orton wins here, I see no point in Kane winning. But what I do hope is that this turns Orton heel, and that Sheamus/Orton is a SummerSlam match.
Winner: Randy Orton
51. Um, because Kane is just…..scary
53. My gut feeling tells me that sometime in the future he’ll get tied in with ‘Taker somehow so he can’t be looking weak. Winner: Kane
54. Both of these men have a reason to need to win, revenge for Orton, closure for Kane. Kane, unfortunately, has the weaker of the sides. Plus Randy is more of a psycho than Kane.
Winner: Good ole Soot-Arms Randy Orton.
55. I believe Orton will avenge his loss against Kane. Winner: Randy Orton
56.Orton is obviously upset about what Kane did to his dad, but Kane is a monster who doesn’t care. Winner: Kane
57. Orton lost at Mania and then Kane got his dad involved. Something tells me they’re going to go with the usual Orton overcomes everything and is boring and stale.
Winner: Randy Orton
58. This one is hard for me to determine. It could go either way, but gut instinct tells me Orton will take it. Winner: Randy Orton
59. orton, because they won’t make him lose twice to kane two ppv’s in a row.Winner: Randy Orton
60. Winner: Randy Orton
61. I don’t really care but I think Orton will win to maybe set up a feud with Lesnar. Winner: Randy Orton
WINNER: CM PUNK
CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho
1. They do not know how to use Jericho properly, they didn’t when he was about to leave the last time and they aren’t going to do it this time, whether he’s leaving or not. He’s here to put someone else over. Winner: CM Punk
3. I think Jericho has to win this one so there’s somewhere to go. If Punk beats him again, then Punk has no story and Jericho has no reason to move on. I really think Chris Jericho has to win this match and the title just to justify this current WWE run. Winner: Chris Jericho.
4. Did they pay Jericho all the money to come back to be a glorified jobber? Come on they have time to put the belt on him and have a nice heel run before he drops it again. That and please this feud with Punk is getting old. Winner: Chris Jericho
5. I hate to say it because there WILL be a riot because Punk is going to lose in Chicago, not that I want him to, but I’m calling hijinks. Winner: Jericho
7. Jericho lost at the last PPV, so I’m going to hazard a guess and say he wins here, just to piss Chicago off more. Winner: Chris Jericho
8. I’m leaning towards Y2J on this one, for the simple fact that I don’t think they would spam us with Y2J PPV WWE Championship matches and not have him win one, but I think CM Punk is going to win, for the sole fact that they want to bring legitimacy back to the title, after changing hands like 94 times in 2011.
Winner via stolen Walls of Jericho: CM Punk
9. I believe Jericho came back mostly just to solidify Punk as a mainstay in the main event scene. I don’t think it was ever in the plan for him to win the title, and I don’t think he wants to. He’s always been selfless that way, and I think we’ll see that play out, here. Winner: CM Punk.
10. Punk is going over. Jericho is just hanging out until his sh**ty band tours, I don’t expect anything from him. Winner: Punk
11. If Jericho didn’t win at ‘Mania, the chances of him winning here are slim. WINNER: CM Punk
12. Winner: CM Punk
13. Would make sense for punk to win but I think Jericho will snatch it and win! Winner: Chris Jericho
14. Because… who knows.. Punk in Chicago Winner: CM Punk
16. Winner: Chris Jericho
17. These two are at it again, in what’s going to be the top of the card as far as quality. Compelling story being told here, especially with the inclusion of Punk’s family into the mix of the storyline as well as the fact that they will be in attendance. Expect this to “go yard”. I see Jericho winning this one after verbally and physically wearing Punk down to a nub over the past two months, and while Punk may slink off into his cubby hole for a couple of weeks to heal, he won’t be gone or down for long.
WINNER: Chris Jericho
18. Winner: Chris Jericho
19. Last year’s MITB established that Punk will not lose in Chicago. Punk wins with GTS on steel steps. Winner: CM Punk
20. Punk has to beat Jericho after being beat down so much. Winner: CM Punk
21. Winner: CM Punk
23. This feud has been really good. With Jericho calling Punk a bastard and proclaming he is Best in the World and Punk wanting revenge, in Punk’s hometown in a street fight, Punk will defeat Jericho to retain his belt.
26. Because Chicago will riot otherwise. I sincerely thought this crappy family matters angle was merely the dues the Punk family had to pay for their Wrestlemania tickets. Now they’re pushing it further, it’s even more stupid. Just give me the match and skip the stupid soap opera. Winner: CM Punk
27. Winner: CM Punk
28. Punk’s walking into this match the champion and hometown guy. I expect the crowd to eat Jericho alive and then some. I think this match will top their Mania match with the street fight stip and all the pent up rage Punk has with Jericho.
Winner : Chicago Made Punk
29. I want Jericho to win, but I can’t see it happening, as much I feel it needs to. Jeircho came back in January, and has done nothing but fail this entire time. He didn’t win the Rumble, he didn’t win at Elimination Chamber and he didn’t win at Wrestlemania. This feud has really run its course, and while WWE has been known to drag feuds out, I think there needs to be a new challenger at this point. Winner: CM Punk
30. Winner: Chris Jericho
31. These guys should go out there and have a pretty good long match. Not only can these two guys work their ass off but they can get you involved in the story they are telling very well. I think we see Punks family get involved and it costs CM Punk the championship.
Winner : Chris Jericho
34. Winner: CM Punk
36. To make me come. Winner: Chris Jericho
37. Winner: CM Punk
38. They need to further the feud for Over the Limit PPV. Winner: Chris Jericho
39. Last year, Punk won in Chicago in front of an extremely hot crowd. This year, he’ll lose to Jericho in his hometown in front of his family, bringing the intensity of the Punk-Jericho rivalry to a fever-pitch.
40. **Winner: Chris Jericho
41. Wow, this feud as quickly become the best the WWE has to offer right now (Fk Lesnar/Cena.). Jericho has made this match super, super personal, and every fan knows that we’re in for a Summer of Punk. Jericho has Punk angry, and I think that strategy is going to get the best of Punk this time, but really they’ve set in for a long feud, at least until Jericho’s contract runs out this summer (I don’t care if it’s in Punk’s hometown and it’s a street fight, fk that!). Winner: Lite-Brite CEO, Chris Jericho
42. I’m kind of tired of this feud and it’s known knowledge Jericho has side projects, I don’t see him getting the title for a short run. Plus it’s in Chicago and I don’t see Punk losing in a Chicago street fight (Kind of bummed it won’t be as epic as previous street fights.) However, I hope this is the end of this feud. Winner: CM Punk
44. Winner: CM Punk
46. Winner: Chris Jericho
47. This has been a confusing little mess that they have been put into. Stupid story, saved only by great storytellers. Winner: Jericho
48. Winner: CM Punk
50. The toughest one of the night for me. Not sure why their worst promos are for the take-home shows before PPVs but the sobriety test was brutal. I’d love to see Jericho win here. Maybe have Punk or another face take the title back as soon as Fozzy goes on tour.
51. Punk has showed the “smarts” over Jericho….much to my dismay. My liking of Jericho has waned somewhat too.
52. Anyone else think this feud should have been a bar room brawl? just me? chi-town streetfight doesn’t really sound like an anaconda vice or walls of jericho will be the deciding factor. I predict punk makes jericho go to sleep sending the ayatolla of rock and rolla back to dream land where his peer pressure actually works. Winner: CM Punk
53. Jericho has other projects coming up soon. Perhaps he can come up with more viral videos or clever catchphrases for his 2020 return? Winner: CM Punk
54. If they really want to bring more heat on Jericho AND extend one of the better feuds they’ve had in a while, what better way to do it than in front of Punk’s home town and his entire family?
55. Winner: CM Punk
56. Punk has the intensity and I just don’t see him losing. Winner: CM Punk
57. Jericho is leaving soon to go on Tour with Fozzy so I don’t think giving him the title right now would be a very smart move.
Winner: CM Punk
58. I don’t see Jericho winning this, but it’s gonna be a great match nonetheless. Winner: CM Punk
59. because punk’s family will turn on him.Winner: Chris Jericho
60. Winner: CM Punk
61. Punk again. An epic Chicago Street Fight should favour the champ, but you never know with perverse Vince. Still, Jericho has Fozzy to attend with this summer so Punk it is. Winner: CM Punk
Tie-Breaker 2: How many “yes” will come out of Bryan’s mouth on the way to the ring.
Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan
1. I think there is more to be done with Bryan if he’s not the winner. His anger is what is driving the character now, anger and ego. Winner: Sheamus
3. 2/3 Falls match. Which almost always goes all three falls. Assuming such, we need to figure both men will get pins but who will be the one to get the final one? Daniel doesn’t need a title to get over any more. In fact he’s more enjoyable without it. But Sheamus still isn’t the star that WWE wants him to be. He needs to get a few wins in a row to look like the new leader in WWE. Winner: Sheamus.
5. Don’t know how this will go but I’m hoping this last longer than the last one. I think Sheamus will take Falls 1 and 3 while Bryan will get the middle one. Winner: Sheamus
7. First, I hope it doesn’t go under 18 seconds. I predict D-Bry will lose in some screwy way, making C-Town pissed. Winner: Sheamus
8. Yo dawg I want mah boy D-Bry to win this sh** (He in mah fave five) but I think they gonna try and kill da buzz around da man who lost his title at WRASSLEMANIA. Sheamus (who also in mah fave five) is gonna win, but mah boy is not holdin’ the title for very long.
9. I would LOVE for Daniel Bryan to win the World Title back. And he will. But, not here. The stipulation favors him and he’s been SO confident that he’s going to win. Over-confident heel = losing heel. Winner: Sheamus.
10. If the WWE was smart, they’d put the belt back on Bryan. This looks like an opportunity to give a big fk you to the fans. Winner: Sheamus
11. Either Sheamus wins this cleanly, or AJ helps D-Bry regain the title. I guess the latter. WINNER: Bryan
12. Winner: Sheamus
13. Hate to say it but think sheamus will win as I can’t see him losing after he didn’t tap out to the Yes lock on RAW! Also think Bryan will say yes 8 times YES! Winner: Sheamus
14. We’ll stick with Sheamus, cuz people love him, and Bryan doesn’t need a belt as long as he has YES!! Winner: Sheamus
15. I think if Bryan wasn’t getting such good reactions this would be a foregone conclusion. However I think they may now be having second thoughts about Sheamus. Therefore I’ll go with Bryan to win though it is just as likely that they make Sheamus win 2-0 in about a minute!
16. Winner: Sheamus
17. Sheamus has had a bland title run so far, because the most compelling character is his opponent, Daniel Bryan, and DB’s ex(?!) AJ. They could have given the belt to anyone, and it still wouldn’t be what we need to make me care about anyone other than Bryan in this feud. However, someone needs to come to AJ’s rescue (watch for a run in), and get the belt focus off Bryan for right now. Sheamus deserves a little more spotlight than this.
18. Winner: Sheamus
19. *sigh*. Daniel-san ain’t gonna win this. Sheamus wins 2-1, with Bryan cheating to get a fall. Winner: Sheamus
20. Sheamy is going to win. Don’t think they were even going to give DBD a rematch initially until Yesamania. Winner: Sheamus
21. Bryan. Post-WM he has reached the zenith of his powers. Sheamus is an invisible champion, and right now everyone but Punk is an invisible champion. Look for Bryan to get pinned in under 30 seconds in the first fall, though! Winner: Daniel Bryan
23. Just like Rhodes/Show, this is something that is happening. But unlike Rhodes/Show, this entertaining. With Bryan wanting revenge from him losing in 18 seconds at Wrestlemania and Sheamus proving he is better than Bryan, anyone could win this so…
Fall 1: Sheamus
Fall 2: Bryan
Fall 3: Sheamus
26. By 2 falls to 1, because DBD fans of old and new are not pissed off enough yet. Winner: Sheamus
27. Winner: Sheamus
28. Sheamus in 18 seconds managed to win the world title back at Mania… (sad face here) He’s only held the title about a month so I see him winning here possibly 2 straight falls.
Winner : Sheamus
29. As much as I’m a fan of Sheamus, Bryan is insanely over right now and they should try to capitalize on it by giving Bryan the title. I don’t see that happening though, and I think we’ll see Sheamus hold the belt through the summer. Winner: Sheamus
30. Winner: Sheamus
For the second fall I see Sheamus hitting a Brogue kick for the second fall. The third fall I see Bryan going for a Brogue kick of his own. He will miss and Sheamus will counter with a Brogue Kick.
34. Winner: Sheamus
36. NO! Winner: Sheamus
37. Winner: Sheamus
38. He needs to develop as the face of Smackdown, and Daniel Bryan is more over after WM than expected. Winner: Sheamus
39. Sheamus wins via interference by AJ, playing up her emotional volatility and portraying her as the crazy ex-girlfriend.
41. I thought about making this blurb last 18 seconds, but I think that’s overused. Or is it? This is the match that was taken away from wrestling fans, and this time with a 2 out of 3 falls match, you’re guaranteed at least 15 minutes, hopefully. Amid a barrage of yeses, kicks to faces, boots to…no wait, not those. How’s that championship title run going there Rock? Oh wait…did that hit below the belt? This match is practically guaranteed to be good. Casting it as a 2 out of 3 falls match would seem to serve Bryan better, considering his fighting style. With that said, It’s not Sheamus’ time to give up the championship yet. Which then suddenly breaks into a who’s really Irish match against John Cena, where he is decimated. Yeah I know I’m grasping at straws, but green is my favorite color. Winner: “The Real Irish Guy” Sheamus…
42. Bryan is doing an amazing job as a heel and as much as I’d like to see him take the title back, Sheamus has just started his run and I don’t think it’s time for him to lose just yet. Winner: Sheamus
44. Winner: Daniel Bryan
46. Winner: Sheamus
47. I think they wise up and Bryan wins in questionable fashion. Winner: Bryan
48. Winner: Sheamus
50. To say the least, so far it’s been a pretty uninspiring run by Sheamus. Especially compared with how over Daniel Bryan is right now. Sheamus has been a victim of booking here, as Bryan getting screwed over is the storyline over Sheamus rising to the top. I think they end the feud here for now, but Sheamus needs to step up his game.
51. I find Bryan annoying and just love The Great White.
53. Daniel Bryan should win so that A J can begin to stalk him with challengers who she represents somehow, but that’s too much logic for WWE. So Sheamus for the win. Winner: Daniel Bryan
54. Daniel is completely over with the crowd. The title coming off of him is what set it off. On the reverse side, Sheamus is still over, but not as much as Daniel. Keeping the title away from Daniel while giving the pair a much better match than WM could get both of them up there.
55. Winner: Daniel Bryan
56. Daniel Bryan is over no matter what. I’m think Daniel will get the first fall and Sheamus gets 2 and 3. Winner: Sheamus
57. Sheamus is being given quite a push at the moment so I think it’s too soon for him to lose the title, plus Daniel Bryan is the most over guy right now, with or without it.
58. I’ve got Sheamus winning this one. I don’t see him losing the title just yet. If it’s 18 seconds again though, I’ll flip my sh**. Winner: Sheamus
59. because he is already in his next feud with ADR.Winner: Sheamus
60. Winner: Sheamus
61. Unfortunately Sheamus. Very early into his run as champ so I can’t see him losing this. Winner :Sheamus
WINNER: JOHN CENA
Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena
1. Brock Lesnar did not come back to lose, not even to Super Cena. Winner: Brock Lesnar
3. Cena lost to the Rock. He lost to Lord Tensai. And now he faces this destructive force known as Brock Lesnar. Its Brock’s first match back in WWE and he’s going to have to look good. Plus he has to get built up to a title shot. I think the story of 2012, and maybe going into 2013 is going to be a John Cena losing streak. He will get beat down and then built back up. Winner: Brock Lesnar.
5. This should be an interesting match. But since I’m a homer, hubby is a former Gopher like Brock, and I HATE Cena. Winner: Lesnar
7. Cena’s lost at the last few PPV’s, I believe, so this will be the one where he wins again and Brock goes nutzo. Win: Cena
8. I love Brock being back. With that said, I cannot foresee a good storyline they can put him in anywhere with anybody that would make a good match happen. I think he should just be running around, effing everybody up, and not really having matches. I think Lesnar wins, Cena cries, and John Cena’s Dad has a heart attack in his recliner at home.
Winner via F5: Bork Lazer
9. I don’t see Brock losing his first match back. And Cena is more interesting than he’s been in forever BECAUSE he’s struggling with self-confidence. If he wins, that story just stops and we’re back to the status quo like it’s an episode of “Family Guy”. Winner: Brock Lesnar.
12. Winner: Brock Lesnar
13. Can’t see cena beating Lesnar who signed a $5million contract with WWE. Also Lesnar losing his first match since UFC? Not happening! Winner: Brock Lesnar
14. Because Screw Lesnar Winner: John Cena
15. This is an interesting one….Lesnar will look weak if he loses this considering the build up, however Cena will look weak if he loses another big match? If we had heard rumors that Cena was leaving I would go for a Brock win but somehow I see this ending up as some sort of no contest.
16. Winner: Brock Lesnar
17. Cena needs a good beat down, not because I think he sucks, but because I think he needs to be broken down before getting built back up. Super-Cena is dying/dead, and we’re seeing the rebirth.
WINNER: Brock Lesnar
18. Winner: Brock Lesnar
19. It seems unlikely that they would bring Brock back to lose in his first match. Winner: Brock Lesnar
20. I think Cena has to win this, but either way there will be shenanigans. Winner: John Cena
21. Lesnar. But Cena will eventually get him back. Brock can’t lose straight out of the gate, even though I wish Cena would squash him Brodus Clay style. Winner: Brock Lesnar
23. This being Bork (Yes, I will be calling Brock Bork) first match in 8 years, Bork will be rusty, but due to him being the raging heel, Brock will defeat Cena, hopefully starting the Cena heel turn.
Winner: Bork Lazer
26. Because Cena is a fking martyr now. Winner: Brock Lesnar
27. Winner: John Cena
28. Cena hasnt won a high profiled PPV match in some time and I don’t see that changing here with the returning B0rk Laz0r. Expect a fight from Cena tho but Brock will ultimately overpower Cena.
Winner : B0rk Laz0r
29. I want Cena to win, the fact that he lost to The Rock was annoying enough, a loss to Lesnar does nothing to help rebuild Cena, which he needs after the past few months. But to expect Lesnar to lose his first match in how many years? It’s not gonna happen. They’ve invested a ridiculous amount of money into Lesnar, they wouldn’t do that just to have him put over Cena and destroy any momentum one gains from a crappy, overplayed hype video and destroying a interviewer. Winner: Brock Lesnar
30. Winner: Brock Lesnar
31. Whether Cena leaves until Summerslam after this match, or just have Lesnar come in and just flat out beat Cena. Brock Lesnar is the only guy that should win this one. Added to thefact that the show has Lesnars name in it, its the only logical finish.
Winner: Brock Lesnar
34. Winner: John Cena
36. Bork. Winner: Bork Laser
37. Winner: Brock Lesnar
38. Just like Cena had to win at WM, he has to win at Extreme Rules, but won’t to further his storyline. Winner: Brock Lesnar
39. Although I don’t expect Brock will be heavily involved for long, I do anticipate him to be around for a while longer. That would only make sense if he wins. He would lose all credibility if he lost after talking so much sh**.
Winner: Brock Lesnar
40. WWE doesnt like having John lose cleanly. There is almost always an explanation as to why he loses. Mainly, interference of some sort. When Edge told John to wake up, and to get his confidence back, that in itself was a nudge to the WWE universe that John is still suffering the effects of his loss. Here’s how I see it: John is still upset about his loss on the Grandest Stage of Them All. He’s not 100%. He can’t quite find his rhythm. So, not fully prepared, he loses to Brock. Following this match is a string of loses. The downfall of John Cena. I dig it, personally, and I think that’s the angle that they’re going to use.
41. Is it just me or does John Cena look like a giant leprechaun now with that green shirt and hat? I mean, If he’s going to wear that all year it should be shamrock shakes all around. Wow, ok…focus. We all knew Brock was going to be coming back, we just didn’t know when. For Brock, he says its about building up a brand. Ummm, is WWE not a successful brand? According to the Rock and everybody on Twitter, fk man this sh** trends. But hey, we still have to build that up. Ok, so John Cena has more to lose in this match than he did with the Rock. If he loses, well, lets be honest, he can’t lose. Brock isn’t going to be around for that long, and more than anything they had to bring in somebody that could restore Cena’s image. Brock can potentially do that. You know he can, I mean, hasn’t he hyped himself up enough since he returned. Winner: John “shifting to lucky-charms” Cena.
42. Cena needs a win to bring him out of his funk and I think him winning will bring the Lesnar/Cena feud to another level. Winner: John Cena
44. Winner: Brock Lesnar
46. Winner: Brock Lesnar
48. Winner: Brock Lesnar
50. There’s no doubt that Lesnar wins here. It just has to be completely decisive. This is the start of a narrative for Cena and Brock comes back with a bang.
Winner: Brock Lesnar
51. I’m thinking many will favour Lesnar so am going for the underdog on this one.
52. Cena hasn’t really disproved brocks theory of cena being scared ,at least not this year anyhow (see cena/brock circa 2003) Brock taps he doesn’t look like a terror though if cena taps, mr unbreakable is humbled 2 consecutive chi-town ppvs. I Am taking Brock by hook or by crook. preferrably by brocklock. Winner: Brock Lesnar
53. The “Tear down John Cena while simultaneously building him up for the children” saga will continue. Winner: Brock Lesnar
54. After Cena was beaten by Lord Albe- Prince Ten- That dude with tribal tattoos and awkward facial piercings who ‘debuted’ a couple weeks ago, he kinda needs this to build his character back up.
55. Winner: Brock Lesnar
57.I highly doubt Lesnar will lose his first match back after his return has been made into such a big deal.
58. Brock’s fresh rejoining the company, and for him to lose this early from his return doesn’t make sense. He needs the momentum.Winner: Brock Lesnar
59. because they just signed him back, and want him to seem like no one can beat himWinner: Brock Lesnar
60. Winner: Brock Lesnar
61. Lesnar should win and put Cena out of the picture for a while. Lesnar surely won’t be booked to lose this early in his programme. Winner : Lesnar
Tie-Breaker 1: How many chair shots during the entire PPV!